St. Andrew’s Grammar is a child safe and friendly environment. Within the School, the child protection policies and procedures followed are based on the stated principles of:
- All adults have a responsibility to care for children, to positively promote their welfare and to protect them from any kind of abuse.
- All children have the right to a thorough and systematic education about personal safety, including safety in relationships.
- The School is committed to the importance and implementation of child protection strategies and procedures.
- The value of the family unit is to be respected but this should not be to the detriment of the well-being of a child.
- All persons involved in situations where abuse is suspected or disclosed must be treated with sensitivity, dignity and respect.